Wednesday, March 7, 2018

now

now
author and illustrator Antoinette Portis
Roaring Book Press, 2017

now embraces the favorites of a young girl.  The text shares three favorites and the third one has a reason why it's the favorite.  It's interesting because the favorite is often a current reason.  For example, "This is my favorite tooth - because it's the one that is missing."  If the reader carefully pays attention to this pattern the ending won't be so much of a surprise.  The ending will also tug at any reader's heart.  This book brings hope to the reader through mindfulness, quiet, and patience.  It also embraces the potential for change.  I hope you spend a few minutes with this book.

1 comment:

  1. I love Antoinette Portis's books. I read this a while back, now you've got me wanting to read it again as a mentor for opinion writing.

    ReplyDelete