Monday, January 11, 2016

Math Monday - Fact Fluency - Why Twitter?

Last week I began my yearly wrestle with fact fluency because what I know to be best isn't easy.  It takes articulation, documentation, trust, practice, and time.  I trust my decisions but when your decision isn't a timed test, you sometimes want and need reassurance.  I began with a Google search about fact fluency and discovered these recent gems from National Council Teachers of Mathematics.



Then I thought about some of my mentors in teaching mathematics; authors I've read and people I follow on Twitter.  One reason I love Twitter is the accessibility to people willing to share ideas.  When I get stumped, I often think of a mentor and wonder how they would answer the question.  I figure if they are on Twitter, they are willing to have conversations and share ideas with people.  So, I reach out and ask my questions and every time my mentors have been so helpful.  Look at these two Twitter conversations I had last week and I'm sure you will want to start asking mentors questions or maybe even start using Twitter!  










Previous posts about Fact Fluency can be found here.








No comments:

Post a Comment