Monday, March 9, 2015

Math Monday - Free Resources

Welcome and thank you for stopping by Math Monday, 
I hope you will consider joining the conversation.

This is going to be a short and quick post with my Slice of Life writing challenge participation this month.  I enjoy and love buying professional books and resources.  I am lucky enough to be able to afford to do it within reason and small doses.  I have a collection in all content areas in a HUGE TBR pile.  However, I've been thinking lately about teachers who don't want to spend their personal money and I can respect that or don't have the financial means to buy their own books when the resources provided aren't in alignment with your philosophy or you need something different for the students sitting in front of you and the curriculum you are to teach.  I've been experimenting with resources that are FREE and very worthy of my time.  

Engage New York Math Modules - EngageNY.org


Georgia Standards Frameworks - Georgiastandards.org


Three things I enjoy and love about each FREE resource.
1.  Students are actively engaged with math

2.  Problem solving is embedded.
                   
3.  There are opportunities for students to explain and write about mathematics.




Leave your link within a comment and 

don't forget to check out other blogs to see what they are thinking mathematically!

To help build our community and support other bloggers, 
it would be nice for you comment on at least three other blogs before you. 
Also, if you tweet about your Math Monday post, don't forget to use #mathmonday!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for FREE!

    I'm in today with thoughts on "That doesn't make sense..."

    http://readingyear.blogspot.com/2015/03/that-doesnt-seem-right.html

    ReplyDelete