Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Great Grandma's Carmel Corn

  
I grew up without a microwave.  My grandma loved her microwave!  She use to make this recipe every holiday season using her microwave and that fascinated me.  It is so easy to make.  My girls have loved making it each year.  When they were little it was fun to watch them jump and shake the brown paper bag.  Now it's fun to have them spend time with me and do various steps.  Tonight we made several batches and have it ready to share with teachers tomorrow.  I thought I would share it with you in hopes it helps you prepare for any winter/holiday gatherings and I wanted to get some writing in for my #nerdlution daily writing goal.

Great Grandma’s Carmel Corn

1 stick margarine
½ tsp. Salt
¼ cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
¼ tsp. Baking soda
10-12 cups popped corn

Pop popcorn

Place in brown grocery bag

Mix first four ingredients and place in microwave bowl.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes.  Stir.  Microwave on high for 3 more minutes – then add the baking soda.  Stir well.  Pour over popcorn in brown bag.  Mix well.  Microwave on high 1 minute.  Shake bag.  Repeat 2 more times.

1 comment: