Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NCTE Presenters are Rock Stars in my World!

Yesterday my program for the 101st Annual Convention for NCTE came in the mail and I did something I rarely do as a reader, I started on page one.  I almost always pick up any book and flip through it from the back to the front.  Lots of details, lots of presenters, and lots of text, oh my!  I began feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I wanted to start making a plan.  I wanted to see when some of my friends are presenting.  I started figuring out session codes and decided Early Childhood should be a focus of mine.   I thought I could put this down until the plane ride to Chicago but that wouldn't be any fun right now.  Being new I wondered if there was an index of presenters in the back and the answer is YES!  This is when I got even more bubbly inside and found so many of my favorite mentors listed!  I love to read professional books, my TBR pile is bigger than I would like and I get to spend time with so many of my favorite people who guide my work daily with students and help shape my thinking and philosophy.  Our culture loves music.  We idolize those who bring joy to our lives, making us sing and dance.  I may not sing and dance at NCTE 2011 but I know I will have joy in my life as I spend time with educators who help ground me, daily.  I can't wait!

If you are also new to NCTE and need a program planning starting point, go to the Index of presenters in the back and highlight those who guide you.  Maybe pack your camera too for any photo-ops.

3 comments:

  1. You will be hooked on NCTE once you start going. :) We are driving, but I hope to catch up with you there. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy~
    So glad you were able to go to NCTE11! I know you will share all you gained from your "concerts" and I can't wait to hear all about everything! No pressure… I really really hope to go next year!
    ~deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo what Julie said. You'll be totally hooked on the conference. THOUGH, I'm not crazy about next year's location, so I might have to make my sixth NCTE in Boston, rather than Vegas.

    Hope you enjoyed Chicago!

    ReplyDelete