Sunday, January 30, 2011

Somewhere Today, A Book of Peace

Somewhere Today, A Book of Peace by Shelley Moore Thomas is a great compliment to The Peace Book by Todd Parr.  Each page begins with "Somewhere Today" a short almost poetic phrase reminds us what normal everyday people can do and are doing to bring peace to themselves and their world.  The photographs show different ethnic groups.  The photographs are larger in size, bright, colorful and bright. 

Here's my favorite page for you to enjoy and see the potential within this book.

"Somewhere today...
Someone
is
learning
to
do
things
a
different
way."

I think sometimes finding peace is hardest when we have to do things differently.  If we can do things differently and work together in collaboration, peace can be achieved.  Wouldn't this be a great message to send and develop with our students?

3 comments:

  1. Mandy, this book sounds beautiful. I'm going to add it to my library bookbag. All of your great book posts lately are costing me $$$. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book, but hadn't thought of it in a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Cathy! Although it's my library card that's FULL! I am working on library card number two now! That means I have more than 5o books out!
    Thanks Mandy for keeping my library fresh!!

    ReplyDelete