Saturday, June 26, 2010

All About Faces

All About Faces by La Zoo translated to an English edition in 2009 is a great book to celebrate the face. It all begins by embracing the differences in faces and how the shape of our faces aren't the same. It celebrates the different things faces can show, emotions. There are different parts to a face. Sometimes faces change with makeup or too much sun. Faces change with moods or our own pretending. For our older readers there is a two pages spread talking about expressions that refer to our faces. Faces change with time. I'm not sure what media is used to create all of these faces but they are just delightful. Great mentors for any type of work you might do for a self portrait project. I'm so glad I picked this up on my recent trip to Cover to Cover.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great--thanks for sharing. Just put it on my list for the library!
    Franki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great book! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get it. I teach kindergarten and teach the kids at the beginning of the year how to tell a story with illustrations. I always use Mo Willems' Knufflebunny to show how he helps us understand the story with the expressions on Trixie's face. This will be a great addition to the lesson!

    ReplyDelete