Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Foreshadowing


Today I was talking to a friend of mine and sharing the three adult books I read on my spring break vacation. I was sharing with her how they all had a positive theme for life, daily. I didn't pick them with that intention in mind so as I was reading it was very interesting to reflect on how they the text had connections with each other. When I was sharing more information with her about, Why We Teach by Linda Alston she felt this book was a sign; a foreshadow of my future and teaching kindergarten.

This is a great book to read for reflection and easy to enjoy. Linda Alston shares with the reader her experiences while working with young children in diverse settings. Linda Alston has been a kindergarten teacher. Through her experiences Linda shares the secrets to her success, "Believe in the Child!, Do It!, and Catch Sight of Your Results!" Each chapter begins with a thought that inspires Linda, for example, "I trust my inner knowing." She shares snippets and stories that make her inspirations come to life and provides the reader with a reflection piece at the end of each chapter with questions to provoke your own thinking. I felt this book was a great read for any teacher who wants to reflect and feel renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment